Business Process Lead - Supply (5613) (closed)
This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Our client, an American clothing company, is looking for an interim Business Process Lead with focus on Supply Chain. The Business Process Management (BPM) organization contributes to the company’s transformation through global adoption of new and enduring business capabilities. BPM optimizes business processes to deliver consistent, core capabilities balanced with flexibility to support value add brand/regional differences.
The BPM Business Process Transformation Team operates as internal consultants across the company's enterprise leading the design and implementation of leading business practices for strategic transformation programs. The team serves as subject matter experts, guiding and supporting business units/regions on integrated strategies/roadmaps, business process design, development of capabilities and systems, performance metrics, transformation enablement & adoption, value realization, and continuous improvement.
The primary responsibility of the Business Process Lead – Supply is to drive the advancement of the company’s end-to-end Supply business processes, capabilities, & performance spanning sourcing, vendor management, procurement, production, distribution, transportation & logistics, and warehouse management. Initial focus of this role will center on driving the successful implementation of the company’s SAP global transformation project impacting Supply processes.
This role has a significant leadership (influence) impact on building, enabling, and advancing the Supply processes & capabilities across the company’s brands and business units. It requires a strong ability to influence at multiple levels across the organization.
This position actively partners with business and IT in the implementation of Supply business transformation projects with a focus on leading Supply process design & optimization and capability implementation. This role drives and facilitates the tactical execution of business enablement activities including business requirements & training documentation, user acceptance testing, training & business adoption, and continuous improvement.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the tactical execution of business process and enablement activities for Supply transformation initiatives
- Serve as a Supply Subject Matter Expert SME with strong working knowledge of supply chain processes including operations, purchasing, transportation, warehouse systems, duties/HTS and master data.
- Spearhead “as is” discovery of current state Supply processes to understand business requirements & improvement opportunities with delivery of new capabilities
- Document future state business processes and requirements leveraging new capabilities
- Liaison cross-functionally on integration of Supply processes with other enterprise processes
- Drive & facilitate current vs. future state assessments to assist business units with understanding of “from/to” change impacts
- Partner with business & Change Management to develop & support execution of change readiness action plans to ensure successful adoption
- Drive preparation and facilitate execution of user acceptance testing
- Lead development of Supply “day in the life” business process training playbooks, how-to guides, and procedure documentation
- Facilitate delivery of Supply “day in the life” training and conduct pre and post go-live evaluations to identify risks and drive training/adoption corrective actions
- Coach & guide Power & End Users in applying leading practices to drive continuous improvements to streamline & optimize Supply processes & capabilities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of standardized Supply KPI analytics & reporting capabilities
- Monitor Supply process performance & tool adoption with objective of diagnosing issues & identifying improvement actions
- Lead & facilitate cross business unit forums to exchange of Supply best practices, transfer knowledge, share adoption successes and learnings, and drive continuous improvement opportunities
- Oversee intake, prioritization and management and documentation of enhancement requests across business units related to Supply continuous improvements
- Support development of project plans, timelines, & resourcing for business enablement activities to support Supply transformation initiatives
- Stay apprised of latest process and technology capabilities that can be applied to the company’s Supply processes
- Minimum 5 years business and/or consulting experience in Supply Chain including operation, procurement, distribution, or logistics.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business process management or improvement
- Apparel or Consumer Products company experience preferred, especially a fast-moving, multi-channel consumer goods business
- 3+ years’ experience with leading ERP (SAP preferred), vendor collaboration (Infor/GT Nexus preferred), warehouse management (Manhattan WMS preferred), and business process mapping tools (Industry Print, etc.). Preferably involved in the design, implementation, and training or expert user. Experience with Supply Chain Reporting & Analytics/BI tools a plus.
- Prefer experience with people management and/or project management
- Conversant in Supply Chain concepts, leading practice business processes, and ERP (SAP Preferred) functional capabilities
- Practical experience designing and documenting business processes
- Self-motivated with excellent communication, collaboration, and facilitation skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of data analysis and metrics to drive decision making and continuous improvement
- Proven ability to educate and train others in new ways of doing business
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid project management skills & experience with Agile methodologies
Start Date and Duration:
- Start: As soon as possible
- Duration: 4 – 6 months
Location and Onsite Requirements:
- Position is remote