The North America Procurement IT Supplier Support Specialist will be responsible for partnering and engaging with the North America IT organization, Corporate Purchasing and the North America Enrollment Services, Public Security and Civil Identity Business Units to support and execute strategies to effectively manage external spend on goods and services.
This Support Specialist will support the IT & Systems Category Manager, and assist with the end to end purchasing process, participate in gathering and analysis of market intelligence and financial analysis, support and execute sourcing strategy, participate in stakeholder management and supplier negotiations, and participate in ongoing supplier relationship management. The role is expected to partner and engage closely with key stakeholders across the technology organization and industry group partners to ensure the Systems/ IT program is responsive, standardized, and proactive in its support of the business requirements.
Candidate needs to be results oriented, possess advanced quantitative analysis skills, and be a strong communicator who is able to establish strong, long-lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Also, needs to be resilient and enjoy interacting daily with colleagues at various levels within and outside the organization, while influencing others to meet a wide range of business objectives. Needs to be a confident negotiator who partners well with team members to assist and continuously drive improvements in business partner performance to exceed contractual and business expectations.
- Assist IT & Systems Category Manager for identifying and delivering results in the Systems/IT category/commodity area; with heavy focus on Systems/ IT standardization, consolidation and cost savings
- Assist IT & Systems Category Manager and development of category/ commodity strategies; which will frequently require a significant change in current category approach across company business units with alignment to Corporate Purchasing strategies.
- Educate key stakeholders on strategic sourcing; supply chain; and category management best practices with divisional leadership and plant personnel.
- Participate and drive cost reduction initiatives with suppliers within the Systems/ IT category to meet/exceed annual commitments
- Support strategic sourcing efforts within NA Systems/ IT category and apply best practices.
- Participate, support, and suggest continuous improvement in all aspects of Systems/IT category (e.g.: supplier improvements; procure to pay process improvements; people/organizational designs; processes)
- Develop RFPs, as required, and perform analysis of supplier proposals.
- Assist and support supplier negotiations process and participate with other company key stakeholders in the development of supplier agreements and contracts
- Participate in strategic approach to manage supplier relationships and execute supplier performance management techniques in accordance with standards and guidelines; support business units on key supplier management activities (escalations; supplier segmentation; etc.)
- Monitor supply market conditions and share category expertise with business units.
- Identify future sourcing opportunities
- Provide approaches to track and manage compliance and category performance relative to objectives
- Support development of standards; guidelines; and policy compliance requirements at a category and universal level
- Develop optimal number(s) of suppliers across assigned categories; including appropriate mix of local supplier
- Deliver year over year benefits in management of external spend in System/IT category
- Evaluate supply risks, develop business continuity plans and compliance management in Systems/IT category
- Required Skills:
- Mid-level procurement professional with established strategic sourcing track-record
- Full understanding of strategic sourcing and supplier / category management strategies, including supply management, demand management, and process improvements
- Understanding of key supply markets and key spend areas
- Full understanding of ERP process and systems (SAP, Great Plains preferred) and Spend Management systems (Coupa)
- Skilled negotiator and contract creator
- Team Player
- Demonstrated understanding of entire supply chain and associated cost and value drivers
- Ability to interact confidently with senior level executives
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Understanding of relevant products and category supply base
- Experience in conducting RFP process and negotiations
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively lead teams, projects, and manage change within organization
- Self-confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel 25% (Domestic & International)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Anaheim, CA or Reston, VA (only candidates local to one of these locations)
Onsite: Anaheim - 5 days per week, Reston - 5 days every other week