This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Client Company: Global Technology Company
Project Overview: Client is seeking an Interim Procurement Category Manager - Equipment, Consumables and Transportation
The total purchasing spend of the IDEMIA Group amounts to €1.3B. The Group set ambitious targets for capturing savings through Purchasing from both Critical Raw Materials as well all Direct and Indirect cost categories. Today the Purchasing organization is undergoing a significant transformation including how it interacts with other IDEMIA Business Units, Regions and Functions.
Our objective is to increase the coverage and value of Purchasing by hiring a Category Manager / strategic buyer who focuses on Equipment, Consumables and Transportation.
As our Equipment, Consumables and Transportation Category Manager responsible for North America purchasing you will be responsible for: providing leadership to influence, source, and manage $25M of Equipment, Consumables and Transportation spend; manage strategic sourcing and category management functions, leveraging technology, and driving new value; developing, executing, and overseeing the pipeline of projects; building strong relationships with key executives and spend owners. The Idemia Equipment, Consumables and Transportation Category Manager interprets highly complex contractual documentation, drafts and negotiates modifications to existing agreements, and executes agreements. This role generates market analysis, requests for proposals, performs competitive bids, leads the contract negotiations and supports the business with ongoing supplier management/evaluation program. The successful candidate will also interact with Idemia HQ (Paris-France) based Equipment, Consumables and Transportation Category Management to develop global strategies for regional implementation.
Category focus includes Equipment, Consumables and Transportation ($25M)
Reports To: Direct reporting line to North America VP of Purchasing
Significant Position Dimensions:
• Coordination with Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, R&D, Business Project Managers and Program Procurement leads and other Category managers
• Develop and maintain a positive relationships with external suppliers as well as internal customers
• Effectively communicate with user departments such as Supply Chain, Customer Program Team, Engineering, Procurement/Purchasing colleagues
• Coordination with finance
• Develop Category strategies in close alignment with internal stakeholders (IDEMIA BU Product teams) and HQ Category management team
• Perform Request for Proposals, competitive bids, market analysis and supplier evaluations. Construct and develop logical sourcing strategies and fact based options.
• Provide standardized process and documentation for all sourcing engagements. Perform market analysis, price benchmarking and supplier risk assessments. Liaison all bidder communications, negotiations and required meetings
• Negotiate and draft moderate to highly complex contracts, amendments, addenda, SOW’s and project statements to accommodate scope changes or changes in organizational requirements. Independently interprets contracts for the enterprise. Reviews vendor proposals, pricing and terms and conditions. Primary liaison with Legal for legal issues, while fostering a collaborative business relationship. Utilize industry level benchmarking and relevant data for negotiations.
• Advise management of contractual rights obligations and risks. Ensure ethical process and approach is utilized during all contract negotiations.
• Work closely with Business Customer Program / Program Procurement, recommending and developing repeatable and consistent processes within the framework of agreements to ensure metrics, processes and procedures are in place and executed to measure vendor performance and ensure optimum vendor delivery, service, quality and pricing.
• Works to improve internal processes to increase the overall vendor management capabilities of the organization. Contributes to the overall sourcing strategy and roadmaps.
• Develop collaborative relationships with Business Product and Program teams. Maintain high level understanding of business and project alignments. Secure and adapt engagement models, based on business level requirements. Develop, implement, and manage cost savings projects
• Develop, implement purchasing reporting based on common KPIs
Position demands extensive teamwork with IDEMIA contacts located in multiple sites across North America and across the World. Individual must be an effective communicator who can add value to the IDEMIA sourcing and supplier management. Individual must be proactive, innovative and autonomous.
BS Diploma is a plus
Engineering and/or Business Administration degree
Bachelor degree in procurement
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Strategic Sourcing
• Ability to develop relationship internal/external with a high degree of integrity
• Previous Procurement experience in an International environment
• Program Procurement experience for large Customer programs
• Commercial acumen
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, MS Outlook, e-sourcing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Results oriented with ability to function in a multi-cultural team environment, experience in working in a remote/distributed environment
• Result oriented, ability to manage multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines
• Proven experience evolving in a complex environment and in implementing robust strategies and processes, ‘can do’ attitude