Interim Procurement Category Manager - IT (5761) (closed)
This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Client Company: Global Technology Company
Project Overview: Client is seeking an Interim Procurement Category Manager - IT Strategic Buyer
The total purchasing spend of the Group amounts to €1.3B. The Group set ambitious targets for capturing savings through Purchasing from both Critical Raw Materials as well all Direct and Indirect cost categories. Today the Purchasing organization is undergoing a significant transformation including how it interacts with other Business Units, Regions and Functions.
Our objective is to increase the coverage and value of Purchasing by hiring a Category Manager / strategic buyer who focuses on Information Technology in the North America Region. Total Spend $22M.
As our IT Category Manager responsible for North America purchasing you will be responsible for: providing leadership to influence, source, and manage $28M of technology spend; manage strategic sourcing and category management functions, leveraging technology, and driving new value; developing, executing, and overseeing the pipeline of projects; building strong relationships with key executives and spend owners. The IT Category Manager interprets highly complex contractual documentation, drafts and negotiates modifications to existing agreements, and executes agreements. This role generates market analysis, requests for proposals, performs competitive bids, leads the contract negotiations and supports the business with ongoing supplier management/evaluation program. The successful candidate will also interact with HQ (Paris-France) based IT Category Management to develop global strategies for regional implementation.
Category focus includes Information Technology ($28M)
Reports To: Direct reporting line to North America VP of Purchasing and dotted line to Headquarters IT Category VP
Significant Position Dimensions:
• Coordination with IT Corporate, R&D, Business Project Managers and Program Procurement leads, local buyers and other Category managers
• Develop and maintain a positive relationships with external suppliers as well as internal customers
• Effectively communicate with user departments such as IT, Customer Program Team, Engineering, Procurement/Purchasing colleagues
• Coordination with finance
• Specific contract experience with Oracle ; Microsoft Azure ; AWS, and other Cloud organizations
• Develop Category strategies in close alignment with internal stakeholders (IT, BU Product teams) and HQ Category management team
• Global Category Manager for cloud services responsible for developing the overall cloud strategy in coordination with corporate and the business and executing the strategy for North America scope; execute the global supplier management strategy with support from corporate and the business (business reviews; scorecards, supplier roadmaps)
• Perform Request for Proposals, competitive bids, market analysis and supplier evaluations. Construct and develop logical sourcing strategies and fact based options.
• Provide standardized process and documentation for all sourcing engagements. Perform market analysis, price benchmarking and supplier risk assessments. Liaison all bidder communications, negotiations and required meetings
• Negotiate and draft moderate to highly complex contracts, amendments, addenda, SOW’s and project statements to accommodate scope changes or changes in organizational requirements. Independently interprets contracts for the enterprise. Reviews vendor proposals, pricing and terms and conditions. Primary liaison with Legal for legal issues, while fostering a collaborative business relationship. Utilize industry level benchmarking and relevant data for negotiations.
• Advise management of contractual rights obligations and risks. Ensure ethical process and approach is utilized during all contract negotiations.
• Work closely with IT and Business Customer Program / Program Procurement, recommending and developing repeatable and consistent processes within the framework of agreements to ensure metrics, processes and procedures are in place and executed to measure vendor performance and ensure optimum vendor delivery, service, quality and pricing.
• Works to improve internal processes to increase the overall vendor management capabilities of the organization. Contributes to the overall sourcing strategy and roadmaps.
• Develop collaborative relationships with IT and Business Product and Program teams. Maintain high level understanding of business and project alignments. Secure and adapt engagement models, based on business level requirements. Develop, implement, and manage cost savings projects
• Develop, implement purchasing reporting based on common KPIs
Position demands extensive teamwork with internal contacts located in multiple sites across North America and across the World. Individual must be an effective communicator who can add value to sourcing and supplier management. Individual must be proactive, innovative and autonomous.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Information Technology Procurement , experience of negotiation main SW editors (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft…) strongly required
• Ability to develop relationship internal/external with a high degree of integrity
• Previous Procurement experience in an International environment
• Program Procurement experience for large Customer programs
• Commercial acumen
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, MS Outlook, e-sourcing
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Results oriented with ability to function in a multi-cultural team environment, experience in working in a remote/distributed environment
• Result oriented, ability to manage multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines
• Proven experience evolving in a complex environment and in implementing robust strategies and processes, ‘can do’ attitude