Our client is seeking a senior level Program Management consultant to help build and manage their Global SAP Program.
As the complexity of decisions are increasing, strategic program management is critical to drive business outcomes and mitigate related unnecessary risk.. Programs are focused on large scale business transformative initiatives. This role will assure effective strategic portfolio management to drive business outcomes. The VP will manage a team of leaders working in “Program Director/Manager” roles across the organization guiding a mix of associates and external resources.
The VP will manage and/or oversee multiple large Global cross-functional Program teams focused on the SAP Ecosystem and Landscape to ensure the necessary processes, visibility, and governance are in place to drive success. The VP will drive a program stewardship mindset across the organization to ensure ownership awareness and importance. The incumbent will build their Program Management organization to meet the evolving needs of our client’s SAP initiatives and work closely with other members of the organization to ensure alignment and adoption of global processes and solutions.
This role requires a results driven leader, passionate about applying program leadership, organizational discipline and technology to transform our ways of working through technology empowerment & enablement. This leader will have proven experience in driving transformational change at a global scale while positioning the company to continuously evaluate and incorporate emerging technologies in the space of SAP technologies. The role requires a strong ability to build a network and influence senior, cross-functional leaders to collectively plan/prioritize, resolve issues, co-create & implement against business strategies. This individual will empower team members to make recommendations, provide input and drive change within a highly collaborative environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for establishing and communicating the vision for the SAP program. Similarly, drive the standards and guidelines for the Program Management function; putting in place the necessary process, solutions, measurements, reporting, and escalations to ensure successful delivery of programs.
- Implement a process to control change driven cross-enterprise reprioritization of the project portfolio aligning to evolving demand / business need.
- Review, manage, and resolve resource assignments/constraints on projects that support programs. Guide Program Directors/Managers with methods for assessing comprehensiveness and accuracy of project planning and resource requirements.
- Insures the team identifies and facilitates recognition and ownership for operational change and adoption needs.
- Build and Maintain strong relationships with Executive stakeholders
- Able to manage expectations across all areas of the business to ensure aligned goals are achieved.
- Maintain strong relationships with business partners acting as a “trusted advisor” to achieve a robust and sustainable governance model.
- Collaborates with Portfolio Owners on consistent and clear definitions, goals, roles and responsibilities of a governance structure & operating model (including Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Core Teams)
- Lead multiple resources activities across business and technical areas.
- Facilitate Program status updates, roadmaps, progress and escalations with Sponsors and Executive Leadership
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10-15+ years of related experience
- PMO (Programs, Projects) experience with responsibilities for delivering large scale, complex cross-functional initiatives and managing teams.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills to drive organizational change.
- Strong understanding of Product Mindset Model, Traditional Linear/Waterfall and Agile Mindsets
- Ability to articulate complex ideas, comprehend written and verbal communications and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly pivot and work across various Programs which span across the full business including; Commercial, Supply, Logistics, IT, etc…
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognize and evolve structural challenges & needs within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward alignment
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations. The ideal candidate excels in connecting outcomes, process and execution, through storytelling to insure goals are reinforced.
- Program/Project management professional with a multi-functional background, able to apply best practice concepts across varying functions.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of developing and managing program processes, techniques, tools, and the ability to lead transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments.
- Effectively lead large global matrixed teams and drive clear planning and execution; understands how to manage and navigate an integrated project plan.
- Ability to analyze resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems.
Specific requirements for
VP, Program Management – SAProle:
Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- SAP ERP Solutions and capabilities
- S4 Fashion (desirable)
- SAP Ecosystem
Start Date & Duration:
- February 1, 2022
- Approximately 3 months
Location & Onsite Requirements:
- East Coast hours
- Fully Remote