Senior Contracts Manager (5716)
Job Type: Contract
Client Company: US Investment Management Firm
Project Overview: Client is seeking a consultant to conduct contract negotiations for complex contracts in multiple assigned categories. Contracts are typically multiyear and global in nature. Consultant serves as direct point of contact for negotiations with contracting parties. Expertise in Construction and IP preferred.
- Negotiates contracts in multiple assigned categories. Independently reviews and analyzes noncomplex, standard, and some nonstandard contract requirements and conducts complex research to support contract negotiations; effectively communicates contract requirements.
- Conducts complex research to support contract negotiations and compiles findings into an appropriate, intuitive format. Reviews findings compiled by more junior sourcing roles for accuracy and advises on improvements
- Is responsible for contract administration for a moderate quantity of complex contracts in the assigned categories, including nondisclosure agreements, noncomplex agreements, statements of work, and terminations, among others. Identifies contracting issues and recommends solutions.
- Executes demand-side process improvements in support of contract implementation.
- Has category knowledge for multiple categories. May support more senior sourcing roles or the senior sourcing manager in stakeholder and business partner meetings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of related work experience.
- Institutional Supplier Management Certification
- 5+ years related work experience in Facilities Management, Intellectual Property, or HR related contracting or contract negotiator
- Solid understanding of general industry trends
- Working knowledge of business law
- Ability to accurately interpret contract documents for business and legal implication to the company
- Project Management skills
- Self-starter & Self-motivator
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize work load and projects
- Consensus Builder to achieve individual buy-in, project progress and team success within diverse organizational groups.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and strategies.
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts to vendors and internal customers.