Job Type: Contract
Our client, a global pharmaceuticals company, is seeking a global strategic sourcing consultant to focus on marketing and sales categories.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assists the development and implementations of robust global sourcing strategies for marketing and sales goods and services that link to core business deliverables while leveraging knowledge of the marketplace and supplier community.
- Takes a holistic view of spend and identifies category level demand management, leverage, and LCC opportunities.
- Contributes to defining and modifying the Strategic Sourcing team's value proposition.
- Enables high performing engagement models with business units and regions.
- Partners closely with business area owners to drive value for the company and provides leadership and direction for cross-functional teams.
- Creates breakthrough strategies and purpose-fit processes to drive innovation.
- Develops and implements the framework for Post Contract Management and Supplier Relationship Management, ensuring each supplier relationship is established with a bias for continuous improvement.
- Utilizes outstanding project, program, and change management skills to manage and drive change both internally and externally.
- Leverages deep understanding of marketplace, competitors, and business requirements.
- Anticipates key changes and drivers in those categories and formulates mid-range and long-range plans.
- Actively supports diversity to expand relationships and spend with Diverse Suppliers Builds and drives a Total Cost of Ownership culture.
- Implements Supplier Performance Management with key suppliers to foster innovation, manages supplier performance, and ensures continuous improvement.
- Supports compliance with key controls, processes and procedures, as applicable. In addition, provides support and input to finance policies, procedures and SOP's to formalize areas of compliance within the finance framework to support future scalability.
- Has the ability to bring potential internal control and compliance related matters that may cause risk to the attention of regional and/or corporate leaders as deemed appropriate. Also provides support to ensure compliance related to FCPA and local laws/regulations, grants and spend transparency requirements across the organization.
- Progressive global procurement experience managing a range of categories including marketing and sales. Experience and knowledge of implementing and deploying strategic sourcing platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes.
- Team oriented and able to apply a customer service and value-added approach to work across boundaries and borders and influence and lead procurement functional specialists.
- Must be a strong relationship builder with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining effective internal and external client relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to build effective and long-standing partnerships across the organization at all levels, particularly with senior management, operating business leaders, and line executives.
- Must possess the ability to provide value added recommendations that will support the long- term growth of the business via process improvements that truly enhance the business; quickly identify hidden values in the business and know how to leverage or unlock it.
- Able to make a meaningful contribution to drive results in the organization. Will be well versed in performance management and have the capability to be a strong business partner within the organization. He or she must be able to do a deep dive into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture and be able to conceptualize both problems and solutions.
- Must possess the highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Must have demonstrated ability and courage of his or her own convictions and adhering to strongly held principles and values and hold others to the same standards. This person must be prepared to define their position on significant issues and drive change when necessary.
Start Date and Duration:
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months
Location and Onsite Requirements:
- Location: Boston, MA (local candidates only)
- Onsite: 5 days per week